New habits – are you ready?
As we have all experienced, starting a new habit is quite tricky. It is not just about doing something different – no, there is more to it than that. We either know that a certain behaviour does harm to ourselves or – on the other hand – helps us to improve. But there is this slight difference between knowing a fact and acting on this knowledge.
How does it work?
To establish new habits we need
- honest self reflection to get out of our comfort zone
- motivation, a clear “Why” to start the process
- grit to invest energy without a guaranteed reward
- resilience to keep going and cope with the task
- realistic goals to stay motivated
- wise planning to integrate the new habits
How to establish new habits?
I think you all know this feeling of loosing track or interest in establishing new habits.
So, here is the question: How do you manage to start a new habit, for example,
- checking your instagram account just three times a day
- exercising regularly
- eating more healthy food?
Who or what is helping you to fulfill your goal?
Please, do write any helpful comment in the box below. I am curious to find out what you think.
For further information have a look at James Clear and his book “Atomic habits”. It is a great help to get you started.